Sunday, September 20, 2026

A cozy fall day...

This mass of fur is my dog nestled beside me.  I don't know how he can contort his body like this.  It was a cold rainy fall day and perfect for sipping hot cocoa and cuddling with my pup.

It was the quintessential fall day today.  The leaves are turning.  The weather was a cool drizzly while the leaves drifted to the ground with every gust of wind.

Dollor was tired, because we went for a nice long walk in the woods.  It was very peaceful. 
While walking I came across these bubbles made by a rivulet of water.  Aren't they perfect?  Nature always amazes me.  
I fenced off my red and yellow bed this year.  It was nice to actually have flowers.  The fall colors are wonderful.  
I took this picture on the drive home.  The dark cloud over Deadwood was pretty ominous. It sure is nice to have some moisture going into winter.  

Did you have a dry summer?  Are you getting any rain now?  Are the leaves changing where you are?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, how I wish we had leaves. We have a couple of bushes with leaves but that is about it. Don't get me wrong, the pines are beautiful but turning leaves just give it that extra something. It rained most of the day yesterday and was very cool. We actually had our first fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had trouble finding Dollor’s head. Ruby gets into strange positions too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could use rain but not awful dry. Cool start but the day turned lovely and warm. But as soon as the sun goes down it is chilly again.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have leaves changing daily. The swamp maples are the first and putting on a show here. On the hill behind us there's one small spot of brilliant red and some muted yellows. It won't be long now and then it all disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh...when i first saw the picture, i said that cannot be dollor, too funny. i think we had a decent amount of rain this summer. we are expecting a nor-easter this weekend, we are expecting a lot of rain. are leaves have not started to change here yet, but the temperatures have started to change!!

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.