Sunday, February 20, 2011

We interrupt this gardening blog for some winter fun...


Ok, I haven't written lately.  Last weekend I had the joy of hosting my sister and her family.  It was a blast.  I worked hard to keep my title as Cool Aunt Bonnie. 

We went swimming at the beautiful Deadwood Recreation Center.  It is a perfect place to take kids.  We went sledding several times.  The girls wanted to go by themselves, but I had to say no, as our sled run was solid ice.  We tried our hand at snowshoeing, thanks to South Dakota Game Fish and Parks letting me borrow snowshoes for free!  They did a great job for their first time on snowshoes.  Taylor's goal was to make it to the swing.  Once she got there she found out it tends not to swing when stuck in 3 feet of snow.  We made a beautiful snowfort.  The girls were game for anything, and I think we hit about everything you could do. 

We got to watch their dad, Tyler, auctioneer at the St. Onge auctioneer competion on the internet.  He did a great job and it was fun to watch.

Have you ever seen a better snowfort?
In the house we played old maid, dominoes, and hide & seek.  When the day was over I read Old Mother West Wind to Sierra and Taylor, just like I used to to Becky and Jim when they were little.  I believe a good time was had by all. 

In honor of Grandma Hyde I had a jar full of lemon drops.  That went over well with everyone. Ella's favorite part was sitting under Haley's chair during meals.   Kelly loved playing hide-and-go-seek.  I enjoyed the sledding.  Kelly and I really enjoyed their visit.  I can't wait to go visit Becky in March.

A tired group after a long day of playing in the snow.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we all had fun that is for sure! Thanks for having us!

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.