Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A long slow summer...

I know, I know, your iris and columbine are long gone.  Well sorry, but mine are just starting.  So while we slowly swing into summer, I will help you relive spring.  I'm a little pokey posting as my older sister came out to visit for the weekend.
 These little spiderworts were in a load of topsoil.  They have thrived up here in our climate.
 This photo doesn't do justice to all of the blue iris blooming in front of the house.  It won't be long and my peony will be joining them.


 I make it a point to smell the yellow rose every day.  She only blooms once and I don't want to take it for granted.

 My wild little geranium just thrives despite all of the neglect I give her.  Below is a Hawaiian Coral peony I am peony sitting for my little sister.  Sooner or later it will go back to her.   Hopefully, leaving an eye or two.
 I just saw the name of this black iris, and now do you think I can find it?  After lots of searching in my garden journal, I found the name ~ Before the Storm.  
 My moss roses are stellar this year.  The colors are so vibrant.  Below is my favorite seat on the property.  The sun hits that spot perfectly.  After a long winter, I sit there and soak up the summer sun.  My sunflowers in the washtub are making good progress.


 My ever loving husband found another wheel for the vegetable garden fence.  All I need is one more large one that I can use as a gate.  You see old abandon wheels everywhere.  Nobody cares about them, until you mention you are interested.  Then suddenly they are like gold.  My greenhouse is thriving.  The pumpkin is almost out the top.  The peppers are amazing.  The lettuce is peaking.  I love having a greenhouse.  I like the shot below.  It is an angle I don't think I have ever used for a photo.



I have been eyeing this rust colored bird bath for awhile.  Finally, it went on sale and was the last one left.  I took the plunge and bought it.  Kelly and I took out as much of the old rotted pine stump as we could.  Then I set the bath on top of what was left.  It isn't going anywhere.  It looks a tad crooked.  Guess I will fix that tomorrow.

Etain Violas are my all time favorite flower.  I always have them potted up on the porch, so one can enjoy their beautiful scent.  If you look closely, you can see it is sharing it's pot with a moose.

I am enjoying every moment of this summer.  Like the inchworm above, I am taking it in a little at a time.  My friend from college is coming out to visit with her mother this week.  I am thankful for the time I am able to spend with friends and family.   There is nothing better than a long slow summer on the porch with my husband, family, and friends.  I hope your summer is as pleasant.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! It all looks so beautiful and vibrant. I know what you mean about old wheels~ & we're only after 1. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard looks lovely. I was close to your area and thought about swinging up to wall drug to look for a new hat.Maybe later this summer. I need to get all the fishing in that I can. Going out tomorrow with my youngest and no children, something she hasn't done for 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our spring here in the PNW has been so cold and wet I still have iris and columbine and peonies blooming. But weather forecasters are telling us we'll be getting a blast of heat, in the 90s, this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you find that your spring and summer flowers concertina together?

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous, gorgeous blooms!! everything looks beautiful!!! love the greenhouse, with the wheels!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again I sit in awe in front of my screen, admiring your beautiful place! Flower beds, green house, and what a creative fence you've made with those old wheels! I hope you enjoy your "spring" in all it's beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its just beautiful!! Such wonderful views for the eyes.
    I love everything that is green and blooming.
    Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, your garden is looking so lovely. I enjoyed my stroll through it.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.