Sunday, August 11, 2019

rain...

We have had a lot of rain around here.  My parents got 3 inches and 30 hundreths in an hour.  Needless to say they had some flooding.  We did have a ton of rain, but have yet to have a hailstorm miss us.  Somehow my sweet corn is standing, but it isn't pretty.

The fog right after the storm was pretty.  Can you see the water spinning off of the windmill?
Homemade lemonade is my all time favorite summer drink.  This summer I finally tried infused waters.  Wow.  Was I impressed.  A cup of raspberries, four cups of water, with a 1/2 cup of mint was my favorite.  I thought the mint would be overpowering, but it was perfect.  The strawberries with basil was also pretty good.  I've always loved cucumber water, but these infusions are wonderful.  I'm afraid that's all I have for this week.

What is your favorite summer drink? Has your weather been extreme this year?

1 comment:

  1. I’ve never tried infusions but they sound good. I make ice cubes from lemon juice and drop them in a glass of sparkling water.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.