Sunday, March 29, 2020

I love it when a plan comes together...


I am super happy with the graduation quilt.  My husband recommended the flying geese border and he was spot on.  I'm coming down the home stretch.  It has sure helped to pass the time this winter. 
Ella isn't into the social distancing.  I put her pillow in the sunshine and she decided sitting on my feet was better.  The pillow was just too far away.



I had a routine doctors appointment this week.  I also made an eye appointment, but it was a few hours later.  I made the appointments long before all this virus stuff.  Well, there isn't a lot a person can do when waiting between appointments when everything is closed. My husband recommended going to the Mt. Mariah Cemetery.  It was great.  I have lived here for 30 years and never been to the cemetery known for Wild Bill and Calamity Jane's graves.  It was super peaceful and the views were amazing.  I was happy I went.

Is there something in your area that you always wanted to visit, but never got around to it?  

7 comments:

  1. very peaceful all the non emergency appointments were cancelled here.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old graveyards are beautiful & peaceful, lined with trees, and all different headstones and statues. There is an old armory which is really ornate, full of history in a large city close. Never been but would like to visit. The building is interesting from the outside. They don't really have visiting, it has to be scheduled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie! Oh, Ella could not be any cuter! She's lovely! My mom went to the cemetery, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Your quilt is brilliant - love it! And what a picturesque looking village. It looks like something out of a storybook all covered in snow from that vantage point. (Though I"m ready for spring:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here routine appointments have been cancelled - even the doctors surgeries are closed. I was due to visit both the dentist and optician but nothing for the foreseeable future noe. Dogs do seem to,like laying on feet don’t they? I see that you still have snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know i have felt that way in the past, when i have visited a place so close that i never visited before!!

    the quilt is so beautiful, you must be so proud of it. there is nothing quite like a gift that is homemade!!!

    my routine doctor visits have been cancelled, they said they will call and reschedule when all of this is over!! your ella is so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.