Sunday, September 20, 2020

Sharing...

 It is that time of the year when plants need divided.  I have a friend who just built a new home and is need of some landscaping.  A good deal for both of us.  I am more than happy to share.



Not only was I busy gardening this weekend, but we also had my cousin and her husband over for brunch.   After we ate, we took turns four wheeling in the Roxer.  Phyllis was kind enough to give me quite a bit of beading supplies.  My goal is to make earrings and bracelets with the girls next summer.


We had a wonderful visit.  I look forward to our yearly tradition.  Phyllis and I spent some time discussing the family cookbook I'm working on, Cozy Cabin Kitchen.  I've been adding recipes, photos, and stories like crazy.  I want it done by Christmas.  

Speaking of cooking.  I finally made my beautiful cabbage into coleslaw.  1/2 c. Miracle Whip, 1/4 c. Milk, 2T. Vinegar, and dash if salt and pepper.  Don't forget the grated carrot also from the garden.  It was perfect.
I got all sorts of good things from the garden and was happy to share.

My husband harvested his giant pumpkin.  It weighed a whopping 3 1/2 pounds.   He is already making plans for next year.

I picked and ate my Minnesota Midget Melon.  They weren't kidding.  It was good, but it was mighty small.

Not quite what I was looking for in a melon.  That is pretty much my week.  Busy, but productive.  I have been doing a little bow hunting here and there.  So far, I've seen a little badger and this fawn.  Tonight I'm watching the bluejays eat the acorns.
I hope you all have been enjoying fall.   I apologise for not commenting on your blogs.  My phone recently crashed and wiped everything clean.  Slowly I've been getting it back together.  Now for some reason, when I push the  comment buttons on your posts my phone kindly gives me the definition of "comment." Not sure what that is all about and I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to make it stop.  Until then know I am still living vicariously through your posts.  Even if you don't hear from me

I hope you all have a wonderful and productive week.



5 comments:

  1. Your husband's pumpkin made me laugh! I would LOVE to share perennials with someone. I have dreams of digging up some of my beds and starting fresh. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your newsy post. Glad to see the snow melted quickly. We've had 30 degree mornings here. Something new for us transplants for the Mid Atlantic state of MD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How kind of you to share! And you even labeled the bags, now that's a real friend.
    They keep trying to sell me a new phone but I've declined every time. They are a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. We have coleslaw with lunch most days so my kitchen is like a coleslaw factory. Did you share the melon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. sharing your garden is one of the best aspects of gardening!! i make my coleslaw the same way but with hellmans mayo and a dash of garlic powder!!

    i hope the husband didn't promise anyone a pumpkin!!??

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.