Sunday, April 11, 2021

I'm a wanderer...

 I did a lot of walking this weekend.  My husband and I met up with one of his friends to look for antler sheds.  Ella and I also went for our weekly jaunt.

We met Tom and his brother (Charlie) at the Wickham Gulch Campground in Montana.  It is on the Custer Gallatin National Forest.  It was a perfect day for shed hunting.  
There were many valleys and peaks.  The pasque flowers were blooming everywhere.  I didn't do a very good job of taking flower photos.  I was too busy looking for antlers.
I was lucky and found several sheds.  Most of all we enjoyed visiting with friends.  

I've never been in that country and it was beautiful.  I would love to explore it horseback.
Meanwhile, the weather at home is cold.  We had quite a bit of snow.  In fact it is snowing again.  Argh!
It was great to get out and see friends while enjoying the outdoors.  When was the last time you went somewhere new?  What did you do there?  


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scape~ not sure when we went someplace new, last fall??? Went to see friends & saw some beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that’s some big beautiful country! It has been a long time since I have been anywhere new. I just walk the same old trails again and again, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW!! looks like a great place for a walk. the last place we went was to a cherry blossom festival in new jersey. we walked among the cherry blossoms, took lot's of pictures and really enjoyed the one hour drive!!

    today, just now, i learned about "shedding", i did not know about that before now!!

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.