Sunday, July 25, 2021

Camp Hygge...

 Hygge is the Danish word for all that is peaceful and cozy.  After learning about hygge, it has become my credo.  Life is short and was meant to be enjoyed.  My husband knows this and appreciates my philosophy.  Thus, he made this sign for me...


The word, branch, and cabin are all cut out by hand with a scroll saw.  I love it.  It turned out perfectly.  Of course it had to go on the porch.  Right above my favorite chair.



I'm still picking berries and finding a few other things while I'm wandering through the woods.  I tried gooseberry jelly and yum.  The recipe I used included lime juice and ginger.  It has a delicious zing.


The gardens are wonderful.  Let's get off of the porch and take a gander.

The hay cart is planted with an array of annual seeds and some geraniums I overwintered.  Below is that perennials in the rose bed.



The 'ditch' daylilily always puts on a show.  Meanwhile, the lilies in front of the cabin are also in full bloom.



The sunsets have been beautiful due to the wildfires in the west.
What is your rule of life? 

2 comments:

  1. Very idyllic at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are stunning! My credo - hmmm. . . If I have to dust it, I don't want it. (That's the best I could do off the top of my head.)

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.