Sunday, February 27, 2022

Birds and buckets...

 

After a week of -20 temperatures, it finally warmed up.  Ella and I enjoyed the morning on the porch watching the birds.


Ella was very happy to soak in the sunshine.

My husband got me this little bucket along with a few other auction items this weekend.  He knew despite it being covered in what I think is caulk, I would love it. 

He was right.  I love making something old new again.  I spent the day slowly chipping away with a chisel and hammer.
I'm getting closer.  Hopefully a soak will help me get the last of the gunk off.

It is going to make a great planter when I'm done.  Some sanding and linseed oil it will be as good as new.

I enjoy a good challenge.  What are you working on?  Do you have snow or are you able to go outside and enjoy the day?

4 comments:

  1. Hello what a lovely bucket. No, snow here. Yes, I do get to go outside, but it is still winter. Even if it doesn't feel like it.
    I hope you have the best week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the bucket, it will look great with a pretty plant in it!! good that it warmed up some!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby loves watching the birds too. The bucket will look lovely planted up. We are clearing one of our bedrooms ready for it being refurbished. The hardest part is finding somewhere to put everything that we want to keep and finding somewhere to offload that rubbish.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.