Sunday, January 22, 2023

Perfect...

I relaxed this weekend.  My only project was oiling the wooden countertops and wiping down the cupboards.  Each weekend I managed to seriously clean a part of the cabin.

Progress on my second quilt was an enjoyable way to spend the day.  My goal is to add a feather each weekend. I have two feathers appliqued on.  Four more to go.
Probably my favorite part of the weekend was my husband dusting off the DVD player and attaching it to our TV.  We found our old Northern Exposure DVDs.  We cuddled up and re-lived one of our favorite shows.  Something was hooked up wrong and the picture was black and white, but it didn't matter.  It was nice to watch a show that was positive, entertaining, and quirky.  Marilyn's character cracks me up.  She can't say a line without that little smile.
I also finished reading The Secret Diary of Hendrik Groen.  I absolutely loved it.  The author does a fabulous job of explaining the key to life.  I looked up the author and I guess it is a bit of a mystery.  He hasn't revealed his real name.  Once I finished that, I read How to Hug a Porcupine.  It was a good reminder for dealing with difficult people.  As the mean old principal, I deal with a few difficult students here and there.

We even managed a walk in the snow.  I really appreciated a peaceful and uplifting weekend as last week was awful.  

What is the best book you have read this year?  What is your favorite TV show?  Past or present.  How do you unwind in the winter?  Quilting does it for me.


5 comments:

  1. I unwind taking walks with Ruby and curling up with a Kindle book. I guess often my favourite book is the one that I have just read , although some are more of a struggle than others, As for TV it is increasingly difficult to find anything rally inspiring at present/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your quilt! Great book too 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring me to get out our collection of old Northern Exposure dvds. We always enjoyed that program. I always aspired to be more like Marilyn . We also enjoyed "Cheers." I just finished "The Help," and am now reading "Out of Africa,' which I think is wonderful. I have a book on order that I am anxious to start on, "Down the Garden Path" by Beverley Nichols. I think you might like that one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the referral. I'm out of books so I will try to order it.

      Delete
  4. I also meant to say that I love your applique.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.