Sunday, April 30, 2023

Milestones...

Yes, there were Northern lights and they were amazing.  I am so thankful I got to see them and my husband's phone was able to capture them.  This year has been a real milestone as it has been a dream to observe the lights from our cabin.


They pulsated and striated like crazy.  

My next milestone was finishing my niece's graduation quilt.  I'm happy with how it turned out.  Hope she likes it, as she is getting it next weekend.

I finished the quilt on Saturday, which left Sunday for gardening and that I did.  I can hardly move.

Things are starting to come alive.  My rhubarb and the crocuses. 
My daffodils are giving it their best shot.
My seedlings are doing great.  I even transplanted my tomatoes into the greenhouse.  I did a second round of starts.  These were flowers and squash, melons, and pumpkins. 
My house plants know it is getting closer to life on the porch.

I was able to overwinter my basil, parsley, and oregano.  Next weekend they will go to the greenhouse.

The greenhouse is planted with lettuce, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, peas, and gherkin cucumbers.
It was a long winter and I am a little leery about it actually being spring.  I'm sure we have one more snowstorm in our future.
Did you see the Northern Lights?  Have you ever seen them?  Are you in the garden?



6 comments:

  1. No Northern Lights here. Glad to see your photos, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very jealous of you seeing the lights. Every once in a while we see them here but I am usually sleeping! Where are you located? Your quilt is lovely what a wonderful gift. My germaniums are coming along I will be glad to be able to plant then outside. thank you for visiting my blog and yes it will be so nice to see my friends we only gather a couple times a year.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that sight must have been! You've definitely got a "leg up" on the gardening situation, but I can understand your trepidation regarding the weather, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen the Northern Lights although they were supposed to be visible in the UK this year. It's a busy time in the garden but the rain keeps thwarting us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie! Wow! I would LOVE to see the Northern Lights! Thank you for sharing your photos! I am not in the mood to garden yet. Soon. That quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Well done! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so lucky to see the Northern lights. I lived in Scotland for 25 years and never saw them once. No chance of seeing them in England as there are too many lights.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.