Monday, May 29, 2023

Done...

 The second graduation quilt is done.  Luckily we had quite a bit of rain this weekend, which made it easier to stay inside and complete.  Don't get me wrong, I have no problem quilting outside.

It was quite relaxing quilting on the deck last weekend. 
I am very happy with the finished product.  This is the second feather quilt I have made and I enjoy creating them immensely.  It is a challenge.
I really struggled with binding it.  Then I saw this idea on Pinterest and knew it was exactly what this quilt needed.
The gardens are looking fabulous.  My daffodils just finished blooming and the primroses are at their peak.


The black currents are blooming and smell devine.
The red currants don't have quite the same pizzazz.
The apples, cherries, and crabapples are also in full swing. 
I have a fabulous crop of dandelions.  Where others see weeds I see wine.  Normally I get barely 7 cups of petals.  This time I had close to 18. Sorry I forgot to take a picture.
I finally found my husband's pumpkin seeds.  He was ready to plant them last weekend and I couldn't remember where I put them.  Of course he thinks I am sabotaging the great pumpkin competition.

The bears are fishing this summer.  It has been awhile since I have been able to set them anywhere.  We are loving the deck.  We eat alfresco whenever we can.


I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  

7 comments:

  1. I just love those feather quilts - such a labor of love. Your lucky you can grow primroses, they are really pretty, but it's too hot here (FL) no doubt. It's wonderful to have an outdoor place to relax, eat and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feather quilt is very pretty. I'm sure the recipient will love it. The Daffodils and Primroses are lovely; the season here is just past and I miss them already.
    I'm impressed by your dandelion crop. I had dandelion wine once and wasn't a fan. Maybe I was put off by the fly that I saw floating in the jug 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh you're always so busy. Your quilts are always amazing and I'm sure the new owner will love it. We've got a few shrubs to buy for the front garden and it will be finished. I'm afraid the back garden is just paving stones as two Labradors put paid to all my lovely plants and veggies last year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the graduates appreciate your work. The deck is lovely and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we had a really nice memorial day weekend!! the quilt is beautiful, what a treasure for those kids!! you have a really nice covered deck, it's a great spot for doing lots of things!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your Pictures....Your Quilting is so pretty...Love your Feather Design on the Quilt. It is so pretty.

    Take care & Happy Stitching

    Linda K, Buttercup

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.