Sunday, August 13, 2023

Wind and rain...

 It was a cold rainy weekend.  Those tend to be perfect for taking pictures.

The bumblebees are loving the bee balm.  It seems like a lot of work.
I have a ton of carrots.  All different kinds purple, orange, and white.  I like slicing them into strips, lightly coat them with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese.  Broil at 400 degrees until soft.  Yummy.

The turkeys come and the turkeys go.  What they are looking for I don't know.

I had fun running around under an umbrella taking pictures in the rain.

I'm super happy with the butterfly/bee bed.  Doesn't it look gorgeous?
My Jackmanii Clematis is blooming like crazy.  


I'm pretty pleased with the gardens this year.  All the timely rain has made it an enjoyable season.  
My beans are doing great.  We love sauteing them in bacon grease with some onions and garlic cloves.  Perfect with a deer steak.


I did get quite a bit of house cleaning done with all the wind and rain.  What is your favorite garden fare?  What is your go to recipe for your fresh vegetables?


9 comments:

  1. We do green beans just like you but I will try the carrots like you make them. Your garden looks wonderful. Did you see a rainbow with the sun and rain together?
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the sun is defused by those clouds and it's that wonderful kinda of photography time, I grab my camera and head out. It's the best. Love the beans you made. My gosh, so good! Great shots too. Cheers, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beans and peas tend to be loving the rain - me not si much! Lovely flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers look so pretty and I'm glad you're getting some rain to help extend their life (and make your job a bit easier). Those beans!! That's my favorite way to eat them, although, sometimes I'll put a small few drops of Louisiana Hot Sauce on them while frying. Enjoy and all the best, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not mentioning the hot sauce version to my husband as I know he would love it. I not so much.

      Delete
  5. So why did this post make me hungry? 🤔😂 Your pictures are gorgeous. We are knee deep in tomatoes and cukes at the moment. I would like to offer a trade since I have only 2, yes 2 carrots that grew. 🥴

    ReplyDelete
  6. your garden and flowers look so colorful and beautiful, what a great success story!! i grew carrots once and the tops were gorgeous but not the carrots. i have a lot of favorites from the garden or from the farmers market. corn on the cob and tomatoes and a tomato sandwich with mayo and s&p, that's my favorite recipe of all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture of your windmill. I have one in my garden as it was one of the things I wanted to remind me of our time in Texas. That, and a postbox on a pole :0)

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.