Sunday, August 9, 2026

Late summer thoughts...

 I pulled up my carrots, sliced them, and roasted them.  Then I put them in the freezer so I can enjoy them this winter.  I am trying for a second set and I replanted the carrots, lettuce and bok choi.   I haven't tried that before.  We will see how that goes.


We have had fawns around.  I don't get as many pictures as I used to as Dollor makes sure they keep their distance.  
I don't have many flowers, but the ones I do have are wonderful.  This rose has bloomed off and on since spring.  It doesn't have a scent, yet is is very pretty.
This rose is scented and has also bloomed non-stop.  It really likes it on the deck.  The problem is it a zone 5, so I'm going to have to figure out how to overwinter it. 
Fencing has kept some of my hollyhocks from getting eaten by the deer.  I have some pink, purple, and deep red ones.  

Probably my favorite thing about the hollyhocks is that the bumblebees use them as hammocks.  I walk around in the morning with my cup of coffee and watch them wake up.  



The sunsets and sunrises have been very red from the fires around the U.S.  I am surprised we haven't had any fires as we haven't had much rain.  This is the Sturgis Rally week.  Not my favorite week.  Already there has been 12 motorcycle deaths the week before the rally.  

What do you have blooming as summer winds down?  Have you heard of the Sturgis Rally?  Have you ever gone to it?  I suppose it is more fun when you aren't trying to get to and from work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.