Into the woods I must go to lose myself and find my soul...
My husband has an elk tag and I am loving it. I took 2 weeks off from work. I really needed some time in the woods. It has been great. Some days we are hearing bulls and seeing elk, and some days nothing. I don't mind the nothing, it brings me peace to sit and watch the leaves flutter, the birds puttering around, and sitting next to the man I love.
Early mornings looking up at the stars. The smell of fall and earth. Also, the smells of rutting bulls, not as pleasant.
I've taken tons of pictures and some video of bugling bulls. I could have had several elk pictures, but I was too busy calling.
The best part of elk hunting is wandering through the woods with my husband. We know the area very well and it is fun reliving memories of prior hunts.
We've put on quite a few miles of walking, quite a bit of sitting, and an occasional nap in the woods. It is amazing how easy it is to snooze out in the fresh air. One of us is always keeping watch and there to nudge the other if they start snoring.
How do you de-stress? Have you ever heard an elk bugle?








No comments:
Post a Comment
Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.