Sunday, December 8, 2013

butterflies...

Over Thanksgiving we were able to take the little ones to the Sioux Falls Butterfly House.   If you are ever driving through Sioux Falls I highly recommend taking a break and stopping there.  It is an amazing experience.  I could just sit there for hours watching the wonders of nature.  










 I so love the look of wonder.
 I wish they came to my butterfly feeders like this.

  Not a butterfly, but a very pretty flower.



 If you are really patient one may land on you.
 You must be very patient.



I put up Christmas decorations today, but they don't hold a candle to nature's natural decorations.  Sorry, I fail at being an educational site.  I don't have the names of the butterflies.  The girls kept the check off sheet.    It is always an amazing experience going to the Butterfly House.  I am thankful I have been able to share the experience with my nieces.   With the current cold snap (it has been -18 here) I thought I would re-live the experience.   Warm thoughts to you.

14 comments:

  1. Yikes! -18!! Brrrr. Love the photos!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty butterflies...and takes my mind off of the snow/ice that we have outside this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite places to visit. There is a big one in Ames ,IA and one in Omaha to enjoy also.

    To get a good moon shot try early morning when the sun is out before it sets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Butterflies! Looks like you and the grands had a wonderful time.

    Are you ready for a heat wave in the Hills later this week? We are ready for nicer temps. All these below zero *high* temps are hard on equipment. I will admit -10 can feel ok on a sunny day with no wind. Looking forward to 20*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the warm thoughts and this look at warmer conditions in the butterfly house. They are so beautiful. It's cold here -- a low of 12F the last couple of days -- which is very unusual for here. At least we haven't had any snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Byłam w podobnym domu motyli i żal mi było z niego wychodzić, bo było cudownie. Były motyle, które pokazujesz u siebie. Pozdrawiam i dziękuję za tą przyjemność.
    I was in a similar home butterflies and felt sorry to leave it, because it was wonderful. There were butterflies that you show at home. I greet and thank you for the pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing your fun visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your "warm butterfly thoughts." I didn't even know Sioux Falls had a butterfly house. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun! We took our grandson to the Butterfly House in Seattle and watched with awe as one hatched from a cocoon! Thank you for sharing this adventure, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. The butterflies are beautiful. . . and I love the expressions on the girls faces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, how beautiful they are! The blue ones are my favorite...the color is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magical smiles and beautiful butterflies ~ I love it !!
    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creatures - you can see where the fairy idea came from can''t you?

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.