Monday, June 16, 2014

Sometimes you are just lucky...

My husband and I don't have children.  I've taught over 6,000 teenagers, that is enough stress. Sometimes I am lucky enough to enjoy my sister's 5 kids.  This weekend was one of those times.  I picked the oldest two up at the camp they attended this week.  That included the rodeo, hearing them sing, and seeing them in a skit.  From there we went home to drink lemonade, tour the gardens, roast s'mores, eat s'mores ice cream and take a hot bath in the giant tub.   (Hope my sister isn't reading this.  I probably didn't feed them the healthiest stuff.)


 There is a lot of fence sitting at a rodeo.

Waiting patiently for her turn.


 The game face is on, before she begins.
 

We had a great time roasting marshmallows and making s'mores.  Though a few marshmallows were sacrificed into the fire.

 

 The next day we met the whole clan at the 1880 Town.  The little ones got a chance to stretch their legs and run around they did.


Poor little brother had a hard time keeping up with all of those sisters.  He did his best.  


















It was hard to leave them at the end of the day.  They are quite the little crew.  I hope they had as much fun as Crazy Aunt Bonnie:)  I sure felt lucky that we got to spend some time together.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie I am sure this will be known as the "Remember when we went with Crazy Aunt Bonnie to" moment in their lives. Great shots. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be the best Aunt in the World! It looks like you guys had the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your quote on the right, by Lao Tzu and it sounds to me as though you are following it precisely! By the way, it's just the two of us in our family as well.

    Those are some adorable nieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to spoil them and send them home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! They look like a great bunch. I think that they enjoyed themselves by the happy look on their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you...and lucky them! Looks like a fun time with a bunch of cuties! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You ARE lucky! What a fun bunch of kiddos. They look like they had a grand time with Crazy Aunt Bonnie for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.