Sunday, May 10, 2015

Love is in the air part two...

It isn't just the tree frogs feeling frisky.  The tom turkeys are prancing around in their full regalia, trying to tempt the hens. 


The thing I love most about turkeys is the fact that those feathers aren't brown. They are every color of the rainbow.  Do you see the red, blue, and green in the hen's feathers?  
The colors of love may be crushed under a slough of snow for awhile.   I'm sure this will melt quickly, but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow.

Are we the only ones getting snow?  I hope the rest of you have greener pastures.

9 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, they are so colorful, you got some awesome pictures of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty turkeys.
    Snowing here, but melting underneath. We have green sticking through so green pastures are in the works. I'm thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting in shorts today. I thought of you as the tree frogs lulled me asleep last night. Toms were out in full force the other day in a field nearby. I love it when they posture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE LOVE watching the Tom's strut their stuff:). Wow snow not a fan this time of year:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing the colours that come out when the sun hits their feathers, isn't it! Sorry about your snow. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Beware of a prancing turkey.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see the colours of the turkeys. Snow, go away! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, those turkeys are adorable. I can't believe you've had more snow...say it isn't so, XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.