Saturday, July 30, 2016

Patience pays...

I love my Jacob Cline Monarda and this year they are putting on a show.  Sitting in the front row is my hiccuping hummingbird.  I call it the hiccuping hummingbird because it only shows up to my feeders after they have fermented.   She likes her sugar water on the syrupy side.  Right now she is enjoying the monarda flowers.  I had to sit quietly in 87 degree sunshine, with ants crawling on me, and not move an inch to get these shots.  It was well worth it.  I hope you enjoy.



I must say I'm pretty proud of my photos.  What have you taken pictures of that you had to put extra effort into?

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic job!! You even got the wings without blur. That was worth a few ants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fantastic photos! Beautiful monarda as well. My little clump died out years ago, unfortunately. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sit out watching many birds in their nests. I enjoy the relaxing view hoping to get a good picture. I love these, I have an assortment of feeders around my patio

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be proud of these, hummers are not easy to photograph. I've only managed once to get a decent shot, and they are all over my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great photos. Dan said he saw a hummingbird on our neighbors pots. Now we are on the 11th floor as is our neighbor's balcony. How did the hummingbird know to fly up that high?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exquisite! Patience is a virtue!
    Both the bird and the bloom are gorgeous.

    I sat in my veggie garden for an hour or more one summer to get shots of a hummer in my gladiolas. Worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://gumbo-lily.blogspot.com/2011/09/late-summer-blooms-and-hummers.html

    Five years ago, my patient hummer pics. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.