Sunday, December 3, 2017

Another week gone by...

I have been busy this weekend.  A good friend and colleague retired.  He was one of the best teachers I have had the pleasure to learn from.  His wisdom, humor, and honesty will be missed.  I wish him and his wife the best of luck on their new endeavors.   While in town, I got a majority of our Christmas shopping done.  That always makes Christmas more enjoyable.

Back on the home front I bottled several wines:  Red Letter Raspberry and Golly Gee Grape.  The raspberry is my favorite.  Wine making is one of my favorite hobbies.  Anymore, people bring me berries. I make wine and give them a cut.                                                                                                                                                                                          I also experimented with pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes.  They were delicious.  I also experimented with Hershey's Cookies and Cream chocolate chips.  My sister made cookies with them over Thanksgiving and I couldn't get the taste out of my head.  Luckily, I found some and immediately made some cookies.  They were perfect.  Both recipes were a thumbs up.

Other than that and cleaning house not much has been happening on the home front.  Are you ready for Christmas?  Have you tried any experimental recipes?   How did they turn out?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will be well provided with Christmas cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used leftover butternut squash, apple and pecans and pureed them and put them in a yeast bread. Makes good toast and French toast. I like the raspberry wine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, you always amaze me with all the things you accomplish. The wine (and the pancakes and cookies!) sound delicious! I'm glad you're ready for the holidays; it certainly does take the stress levels down to be able to enjoy the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking you out. I have not visited for a while - been super busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie,
    Looks like you have been busy and having fun too. It's always fun to have a new recipe work out and become a new favorite.

    Did you get much snow in the Hills? We got a little snow, more wind than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty wine. I am glad you are getting so much finished. Let see, well, I am currently trying to make good gluten free recipes. I am going to keep experimenting until I come up with yummy instead of yuck.
    I will let you know when I have something to share. :) Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have been baking, my tried and true recipes - i am always afraid to try new recipes, that we won't like them. i am ready for christmas, packages are wrapped, that which has to be mailed is ready and all my cards are done!!

    love your new header, it sure looks cozy there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.