Sunday, March 17, 2019

Spring has yet to spring...

Here in the Black Hills January and February are known for being cold.  March and April are known to bring big snows.  We had a blizzard on Wednesday.  It is hard to tell, but we probably got about 18 inches of snow.  The wind blew like crazy, so we had some lovely drifts.

 A long time ago we invested in a tractor with a snowblower.  It didn't take long to make a trail to the main road.  The best part is we are supposed to have temperatures in the 40's and 50's next week.  Yeah.
I made some chocolate babka loaves this weekend.  They turned out perfectly.  As you can see a little mouse nibbled on the corner of one loaf.  I love Pinterest.  Without it I would have never known the joys of babka.  Chocolate and bread.  How could you ever go wrong with that?

I hope you all survived the snow and flooding.  My mom sent photos of a Robin.  My husband and I saw about fifteen disgruntled geese standing on a frozen pond.  Spring is around the corner.  

7 comments:

  1. That's a lot of snow! We have been thawing the past few days - it's sooo nice to see color.
    Happy spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so much snow!!! I love how cozy your house and barn looks all snuggled in that snow and all of the warm lights.
    It is cold I know it and I know you are so ready for it to be over and have spring finally show up.
    Its lovely. I hope this was your last blizzard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they showed a guy in Kyle SD digging out his cattle hrad, a huge bull totally under the white stuff.Floods to the west of me, lots of melt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you really do get a lot of snow don't you - we moan if we get snow for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I think I need to go visit Pinterest!! That's a lot of snow! I wondered how you can get out and about in the middle of winter. Do the main roads get opened pretty promptly? We're just beginning to see a hint of spring, and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would bet you are not done with winter there. I guess you haven't had the flooding of other western states.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Canada geese keep on flying over us, but never land. Too cold, snowy, and icy I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.