Sunday, March 31, 2019

The homestretch...

I don't have much to write.  I spent all weekend analyzing data.  My head hurts from looking at so many numbers.  The good news is I am done with my class at the end of April.  I am also in charge of implenting a new program at work this April.  If my nerves aren't streached tight enough, last week the roads were black ice on the way to work and back.  I'm really hoping that isn't the case this week.  I know April just starts tomorrow, but I am ready for it to be over.

 I did get a few minutes to slip into the greenhouse and plant some spinach, lettuce, bok choy, and peas.  As you can see in the adjacent photo, it will be awhile before I can play in the outside beds.  The snow has melted enough to see that the mice have decimated many of the trees.  It is very frustrating.  I really hate mice.
A pretty boring blog overall.  Once I'm done with my class there will be more projects, baking, and gardening.  I just have to make it through April.  Do you have any big goals?  Have you been able to get in the garden?  What have you planted?

6 comments:

  1. I mowed for the first time yesterday. It's a little early, but it needed to be cleaned up. You can do it! And make it through April! I know you can! Sorry you've had black ice. That stuff is a bearcat. Be safe and keep well. Oh and I planted a very short row of radishes and of carrots. The seeds might rot, but the therapy was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end is in sight with your course you are taking. It's a long haul. Nice that you can get into your greenhouse. Did you build it yourselves, or was it a kit? It would be lovely to have a greenhouse! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What have the mice done to your trees? It won't be long before you see green shoots in your greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep stopping at the greenhouse to see if anything is new. I made some pots for a friend to put out with a variety of roots and corms that will sit on their sunny front porch until the weather opens more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We managed a couple of our big goals over winter as unlike for you our winter was fairly kind although it is forecast to be going t hit a poor spell

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do the mice do to the trees? I never heard of that. I hope you get some gardening time too. ERG not black ice both ways. That is terrible. I hope it warms up for you.
    Yes, gardening my heart out right now. I fall into bed exhausted and so sore I can hardly move, then get up and do it again. I am having the time of my life. Is all of that flooding close to you? Be safe.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.