Sunday, November 13, 2022

verse same as the first...

I spent this weekend exactly the same as last weekend, quilting and butchering.  I did have a pleasant surprise.  I have a good friend who is a phenomenal quilter.  I asked her to keep her eyes open for some fabric I passed on about three years ago.  Something I regretted.  Well, I found out my friend is a top notch investigator.  She not only found the fabric, but got some for me.  I am blessed, I don't know what I did to deserve such a good friend.

I spent Saturday hunting.  It was a fabulous morning.  Yes, it was -1 when I went out out.  No, I didn't see a deer.  I did listen to the ducks and geese as they headed south for the winter.  I watched the sun rise.  The frost rained on me like snow when the sun came up.  The was a monstrous golden eagle in one of the trees next to me.  Some people think hunting is about killing.  It is really about the experience.  I didn't get anything, but I loved every minute.








I tried to capture the experience, but fell short.  My husband did get a beautiful buck, so Sunday was spent butchering.  I also spent Veteran's Day quilting.  I'm pretty nervous about getting two quilts done by graduation.  I'm really behind.  I'll figure it out.  

Well, that was my weekend in a nutshell.  I hope you had a great Veteran's Day.  My thanks to those that served.  Freedom is not free.  

3 comments:

  1. How exciting to hve eagles in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, for the excitement of the hunt! And, wow, just look at those gorgeous pictures you brought home. Now that is an experience to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie! Happy quilting! You WILL get them done. You're amazing like that!

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.