Sunday, March 17, 2024

A little bit closer...

 I made great progress this weekend.  I finished the back of the graduation quilt.  I have grandiose ideas about how I'm going to quilt it.  We will see how that works out.  It was easy to work on, as the weekend was very cold and windy.  

Despite the weather, I managed to go for a walk each day.   They weren't overly enjoyable, but it felt good to get out. Once I retuned and warmed up, I planted some seeds: tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, leeks, bunching onions, basil, parsley, and rosemary.  
The set up includes my seed box, planting station, and laptop for record keeping.  I am sure I will be rushing home each day to see what sprouts.  Maybe I will plant some lettuce, spinach, and pak choi in the greenhouse next weekend.  Last weekend, I cleaned out the front flower beds and the rose bed. Spring has to come sooner or later.  
There have been elk on my drive home every evening.  They are such amazing creatures.  Once the cows start dropping their calves, they will disappear.  I am lucky to live somewhere with such diverse wildlife.

The picture below does not do justice to the moon the other night.  It had a beautiful ring of colors around it.  My husband and I are enjoying our tradition of going outside every night before bed.  We have seen and heard some wonderful things.  
Do you and your spouse have any daily traditions?  Have you started gardening yet?  Is it warmer there?  I've seen both a bluebird and a robin, so spring has to be close.

3 comments:

  1. You are making me think it might be time to start planting some seeds. I just don’t want to be too ahead of the game. No elk here, but we do sometimes see white tailed deer. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am much more eager for spring this year than I was last year. I've started planting seeds - some are sprouting but just. Love the pieced back - I always think that's so much more interesting than a solid cloth 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. No gardening here yet. Ground super saturated. Spears of green coming up and crocus in bloom.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.