Sunday, March 3, 2024

Time Marches On...

March came in like a lamb for one day and is already burgeoning into lion status.  We went from warm and sunny 45 degrees to barely 30 and a cold biting wind.  We still managed to get out and walk.

Saturday felt like spring, so I made a springlike treat.  Angel food cake, strawberry sauce, and cool whip.  

Strawberry Sauce

1 pint Strawberries
1/3 c. Sugar
1 t. Almond or Vanilla Extract

Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Run through the blender until smooth. Great with angel food cake, on pancakes, on ice cream, or in lemonade.


I am not going to think about seed starting until, I am closer to being done with my quilt.  I do have an orchid and Easter Cactus to keep my spirits up. 
I bought the last fabrics for the graduation quilt.  Next weekend is cutting and sewing and then putting it all together.  I wasn't liking this one and now it may end up being one of my favorites.
Sooner or later winter has to end.  I have faith.  I got a lot done despite only having a weekend to get things done.  

How is the weather in your neck of the woods?  Is it warming up?  Are you getting things done?   What are you looking forward to most about spring?   

3 comments:

  1. Our weather is see-sawing at the moment it is sunny but cold. I'm hoping for less rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I could smell that strawberry sauce from here, I think it must have tasted heavenly! We don't get a lot of snow here but its been very cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love angel food cake just plain so good.
    Yes we are warming a bit it is 40 and rain today hopefully it will take all the snow with it.
    I have hooked on my rug a bit got some cleaning done and walked but today I will take it a bit easier
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.