I picked a milk pail full of crabapples. That is about it for fruit around here. I had a few strawberries and nothing else. The birds ate the cherries and the chipmunks gobbled up the chokecherries. The currents, gooseberries, raspberries, and service berries were non-existent. I will make jelly and fruit rollups with the crab apples.
Even my sweetgrass was a bit disappointing. I have never seen such short braids. I wasn't too surprised, as sweetgrass grows in boggy areas. We've had so little rain there wasn't much 'bog' for them.
The only thing that is truly flourishing is my husband's giant pumpkin. His goal is 100lbs this year and he is making good headway. They are as big, if not bigger, than last year's champion (75 lbs.) and we still have a maybe a month of growing season left. That is about it for here. I usually post on Sunday's, but things may be a bit sporadic for a while. Due to staffing issues, I have to work on the weekends at least until the end of September. I try very hard not to talk about work, but being unable to hire has stretched us all thin. I love my job but look forward to retirement. Having staff and students depend on your decision making is extremely stressful.
Are you retired? Do you miss it? Any advice to get me through the last 3 years 1 month and 28 days?



No comments:
Post a Comment
Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.