One of my favorite bloggers, Negerigeletschtempoit, gave me my first award. I so love reading about her adventures and her beautiful photos. It means a lot to me that she sent me the award and the challenge of telling you 7 things about myself.
1. I have worked at an alternative school, job corps, for 17 years. First as a teacher and now I'm the mean old principal. I love my job and I love my children.
2. I have no children of my own. After teaching 5,000 teenagers, I don't feel the need to have kids.
3. I wear a funny hat when I garden (Oh wait, you may have seen that. That is only for the most recent bloggers who haven't seen some of my older posts.)
4. I grew up on a ranch near an Indian Reservation. I wouldn't have changed where I grew up for the world. I had good parents who taught me about responsibility, hard work, and I learned about another culture. Those experiences have made me very successful today.
5. Back in the day not many cows could outsmart me on a horse. No comment Dad!
6. I met my wonderful loving husband when we both worked for the Forest Service. I actually missed our first date, by locking myself out of the house. Long story, it's a wonder he married me. He can't say he didn't know what he was getting into.
7. If necessity is the mother of invention I am the queen. I can really Macgyver stuff in a pinch.
There seven amazing facts. Now I would like to forward the award on to...
"What About Pie" I love Bonnie's stories.
"Button's Thoughts" I never know if I'm going to a farm sale or hearing a story about her journey.
"Life at the Little Red Farmhouse" Kim gives great decorating tips, cares about her neighbors, and reminds me of life on the ranch.
"Life on Our Side of the Mountain" There is always something going on her at her haven.
I sure enjoy blogging and all of the really wonderful people I have met. Thanks Negerigeletschtempoit for thinking of me.