Thursday, November 15, 2012

Visitors and visiting...


We have had lots of visitors with the cold weather.  This Merlin Hawk was trying to cut down on my chipmunk population.  



The doe below is babysitting all of the neighborhood fawns.  She has been around for years and is the matriarch of the area. 

I count my blessings that I can just look out the window and watch the local wildlife.  It is better than any TV show.

I was perusing The Rural Journal's Rural Thursday's postings.  I appreciate that Nancy hosts these blog memes.  Today I was especially appreciative, because I read this beautiful post done by Thistle Cove Farm.  Please, take a moment to visit this blog.  It is a beautiful story.

http://thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com/2012/11/1000-marbles.html

9 comments:

  1. Evening, yes you are blessed to see the wildlife out your window, love the deer, I get excited about the birds I get at my feeders, and little bunnies that visit would love to see more....will visit the blog........Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do have some beautiful wildlife. I think the hawk is beautiful! I checked out the blog post you recommended...that was a good story! I have to wonder if the guy came back on the air again the next week!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's what I like about our area--watching and enjoying the wildlife. I call it our Peaceful Kingdom:-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of your TV channel!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore all that Mother Nature provides outside our windows. Today, I saw an Evening Grossbeak for the first time in a couple years at my feeders. I do hope they stick around. Also a Hairy Woodpecker, but he was showing his shy side. The deer also are plentiful. The gun deer hunt starts here Sat. so there will be echos of gunfire in the distance. All of our guys will be trying., but I prefer to shoot with my camera while still on all fours.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link to that blog with its story about the marbles. That's a pretty picture of the deer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the wildlife in your backyard and I would love to just enjoy that without ever turning on the TV.
    I read Thistle Coves blog post and it is worth the red it makes so much sense and will make you THINK.
    Take care and have a nice weekend. B

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lucky to have such fabulous visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You truly live in a paradise -- what wonderful images.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.