Sunday, September 24, 2023

Where to begin...

So much has been going on, I don't know where to begin.

Monday night we were lucky enough to see the northern lights again. 




They didn't last long, barely 30 minutes. The colors are magical.

We've been seeing lion tracks around. This week my husband got pictures of it on two different game cameras on two different days.  We are keeping a close eye on Ella.
About the only thing I have blooming that the deer haven't eaten are my hollyhocks.
I cleaned out what was left in my outdoor vegetable garden. I found several pumpkins and squash I didn't even know were in there. It was like an Easter egg hunt.

I put all of the pumpkins, squash, and unidentified green things in my haywagon.  The colors are wonderful.  I think the unidentified plants are eightball squash.  Only they are closer to the size of a volleyball than an eightball.


Here is my itty bitty sweet corn.  It looks delicious,  but is always so darn small.
I ended up with nine sweetgrass braids.  I tried the 7x7x7, but the braid was tiny.  I ended up going with 21x21x21.  Looking back I had 11 braids last year.
There is nothing more relaxing then the smell of sweetgrass. Sue asked if my Hindus Rope flowered like other Hoyas and it does.
The blooms should open any day.   Maybe it is my imagination, but my vines all seem a darker green since their little foray into the world. 

We did get our new bed.  It was an adventure getting the old bed to the basement and the new one upstairs. We are sleeping much better and I am not waking up with massive shoulder pain.

We had a great visit with my Aunt and Uncle yesterday.  They were out from Oregon.   Then today one of our neighbors had a party.   The best part was when our good friend/neighbor,  who had moved to town, showed up. We haven't seen him for almost two years and really miss him.

When I started this blog in 2011, I never thought I would find something to talk about every week.   Yet this has become my "garden" journal and there always seems to be something going on.  Sometimes I don't know if I  can get everything in.

Do you use your blog to keep track of your yearly achievements?  Why did you start?

4 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to see the northern lights lucky you.
    A Mt lion where are you located. We have bo lions here in nh but some people will dispute that.
    I try to post twice a week it is like a journal of my life
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been busy. Your photos are always so stunning!!! Yep, I used all those exclamations 😂 Not too sure about your new house kitty though 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info on the hoya. How scary to have a lion prowling - keep Ella safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky getting to see the Northern lights. I lived in Scotland for 25 years and never saw them once!!

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.