Sunday, November 5, 2023

Busy...

 

What a busy weekend.   There were many things to catch up doing.

I cleaned my sewing nook.  I seemed to have a lot of long scraps around an inch wide.  I decided the best way to deal with them was to braid them.   I can use them for tote handles or apron ties.
The weather was fabulous, so I did a lot of hunting this weekend. Quite a few deer passed by my stand, but not what I was looking for.  It is so peaceful sitting quietly in nature.
The sunrises were inspirational. 
The sunsets were intense.
My husband saw a rainbow from his deer blind and sent me a picture. He is such a romantic.  I couldn't see it from where I was.
I didn't see a rainbow,  but did see these mammatus clouds.  Like giant cottonballs in the sky.
Sunsets after a rain are always colorful. 

With the sewing nook clean I settled in and started on my next quilt.  It is a simple checkerboard pattern, but sometimes simple has its own elegance. 
I also did my monthly wine bottling.  Last year it was too dry an I had no berries.   This year isn't the same.  I had 7 bottles of Dandelion Wine and 24 bottles of Rhubarb Wine.  It is a lot of work to rack and bottle wine, especially after sitting in a deer blind for 3 1/2 hours.  It is worth it. Just in time for holiday gift giving. 
We didn't have any trick-or-treaters, but we did have a nice spooky moon.
How many trick-or-treaters did you have?  Any fall projects or plans?  Hope you had a great weekend. 



5 comments:

  1. No trick or treaters for us either. Beautiful sunrise and sunset pictures. My dad use to make wine he died when I was 19 so I never got a chance to appreciate it.
    Have a great week
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunrises and sunsets are just the best, especially if you can be outside having a quiet moment. Good luck on the hunting efforts. I never would have thought to use braided fabric for tote handles - smart and frugal! 😉 Perfect colors in that rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cotton ball clouds are very interesting! How did you learn to make wine? I always have so much rhubarb - perhaps I should learn for next year, but I suspect I will need to buy the necessary "gear". Hope your deer hunting is successful. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely photos - the deer don't know how lucky they were.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know that even the smallest piece of fabric has it's uses. Hubby used to go hunting, but says that he doesn't feel the need any more and has sold his gun. You got quite a haul on the wine this year and whoever gets it will surely be in for a treat.
    No trick or treaters here but we did do a pumpkin. Our fall project is to redecorate the spare room before our friend comes to stay next month.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.