Friday, June 28, 2013

Fish feed...


I've been a slow blogger.  Mainly because we have been very busy.  Busy enjoying life.  We own 20 acres of woods.  We are always adding to our little slice of heaven.  A few years ago we cut several trails through our land and added a pond at the very back.  We thought it would be fun to put up some signs.  Ella's Spur and Squatch Lake.  I'm still waiting for Bonnie's Way:) 
We also added some rainbow trout to "Squatch Lake."  I was at work when the fish came and I regret it.  When the guy and Kelly drove down to the pond to unload the fish, they saw 4 little baby mallard ducks swimming around.  There was no momma duck, so the babies weren't afraid while the fish being unloaded.   The fish were acclimating to the water temperature and staying close to the top.  Well, the baby ducks thought the fish looked like food.  Only problem is the fish were nine inches long and the baby ducks were four inches long.  Kelly and the fish guy were wondering what was going to happen if one of those baby ducks got a hold of a big fish.  They never found out.  Momma duck showed up, rounded up her little ones, and waddled off into the woods. 
Anyhow, now we spend our evenings down at "Squatch Lake" feeding the fish.  I can't think of a more enjoyable way to end the day.  They are like little sharks.  It is a feeding frenzy.  I think it is more fun feeding them then catching them.   I tried to get a photo, but they are too fast for me. 

Not only do we enjoy feeding the fish, but we also enjoy listening to the night hawks and watching the dragonflies.  An occasional deer will go by, and the scenery is  so very peaceful.  We haven't seen the ducks or a sasquatch:) 
I know I say it all of the time, but I am the luckiest woman.  I can think of no better way to end the day than feeding the fish next to my wonderful husband.  

What is your little slice of heaven?
circa 2011 The ORIGINAL Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop

12 comments:

  1. Hooray! Lake pictures! Oh, I love it! And the chairs. I really really love the chairs. Ya know Bonnie, there is something quite wise and sacred about finding 'peace and fulfillment' right where you are at this moment in time. I think you set a fantastic reminder to us all to reach for that very thing as you have done. Cheers, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well I am pretty sure you know I would be right there and never leave myself you have a wonderful life just like me.
    I have a Gracie's Lane I think I need a sign.:)
    My slice of heaven is almost the same as yours except we have no fish the Herons and Bears ate them:)
    Enjoy the summer but I already know you will.hug B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made a fish pond. It looks like a lovely tranquil spot to rest after a long day. Do you think bears will come to the pond to get fish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning -- Ella is looking Beautiful... Enjoying summer. In the U.P. we've been able to sleep with the windows open, though one night we had an Owl concert about 1:30 am to wake us up...

    I have a huge lilac bush by the porch... so we can swing and listen to bees working hard....Summer is great...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that is so sweet! You have a beautiful place. My little slice of heaven the Lord has blessed me with is our barnyard. I just love it.:) But I think what makes it so lovely is the people I share it with.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this time of year, with the doors opened, listening to the birds outside and watching the water fowl visit the lake behind us. I'm gonna miss it when we move at the end of July to North Carolina, but I also know I'll find my "piece of heaven" there too. Love the fish feeding; I can't imagine anything better with the one you love, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this and I love that you get to feed your own fish in your own pond.
    That is a bit of heaven.

    Yesterday my slice of heaven was I was in my garden hoeing weeds and my husband was in his garden and we both looked up at each other and it was just perfect. Loving what we do together, nothing is better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your place looks like a little piece of Heaven to me! :) How relaxing, to spend your evenings by your very own lake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very nice to enjoy, I love your slice of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice place to be able to relax :)

    We have a "campsite" in our woods that we like to go and hangout :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My little slice of heaven is of course our little farm, yet I also feel any beautiful spot that we sit and relax amongst nature is a little slice of heaven to us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love going back to the cabin and relaxing. Feeding the fish. Watching the birds. Love your Adirondack chairs.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.