Sunday, June 30, 2013

Yes, I really do have a garden...

Finally, a blooms post.  Everything was so late here.  I'm just getting my June blooms and it is almost July.  Right now I'm on the porch smelling the peonies and lilacs, listening to the bees hum, watching the birds eat from my feeder, and tasting a strong up of coffee.  All is right with the world. 

Just imagine the hum of the bees and smell of the lilac.
This little rose, "Outta the Blue," is right next to the porch where I can smell it.

My absolute favorite flower is the Etain Viola.  They are a struggle to grow, but this one made it through the winter.

My painted daisies look bold.
I am really enjoying the yellow rose and red iris combination.
 It is a grand summer for blooms.
 

13 comments:

  1. I love those iris! They are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly do have a garden and I enjoyed it immensely I would not mind drinking a coffee with a view like that. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed you do have a garden...and it's beautiful! Lucky you...you're enjoying the smells of lilacs and peonies when ours are long gone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing -- those people that sit outside or work outside with the radio or ear plugs in their ears listening to something..They miss so much. The bees.. the birds.... a chippy here and there. That woodpecker in the woods. I just don't get it.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I like the periwinkle/peach combo in the hanging basket too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just getting my June blooms in July too. I love those yellow roses. I don't know why; but I just can't seem to grow a rose on this property.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you have beautiful flowers in your garden...I've enjoyed seeing them over many a summer post. I'm especially envious of your roses, which I have had trouble growing in the Pacific Northwest. Hopefully, North Carolina will be easier to grow them again, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are beautiful and I would think that worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh pretty, pretty! I just love it when flowers start blooming in full force. I like the iris/yellow rose combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie,
    I LOVE those painted daisies! Your garden looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely moment on your porch and well worth the wait. Your blooms are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful porch ... those flowers were worth the wait !

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.