Sunday, October 22, 2023

Pumpkin Patch..

 What a perfect fall weekend.   My husband and I have always wanted to go to the Spearfish corn maze and pumpkin patch.  The weather was wonderful, so we went. 

Just as we got there a huge flock of cranes flew over. 
Thanks to my expert guiding skills, we made it through the corn maze easy peasy.
The pumpkin patch was wonderful and huge.   They had every type of pumpkin you could imagine. 



I have never seen such an array of pumpkins.
They turned old silos into shops.
The corn maze covered several acres.
Besides all of the pumpkins in the pumpkin patch, they had the nicest ones set aside. 
Also this weekend my husband and I took several fall strolls.  We had a competition as to who could find the prettiest leaves.  There were no losers.
I had this bird make a quick appearance.  It may be a Clark's Nutcracker, but I am uncertain.   It flew in, attacked the chipmunk hiding in the rocks, and flew off.  Never to be seen again. 
It wasn't our only visitor this weekend.  I caught this packrat in the shed.  I knew something had taken up residence in there and it was either a packrat or a skunk.  Lucky for me when I opened the shed door, it wasn't a skunk.  When we went to release him (I sure hope it was a him) several miles away. He ran out of the trap, turned around, and ran right towards us. Then jumped a foot in the air. You have never seen two people scatter so fast.  I'm still laughing. 
That was our adventures for the week.  I won't lie, I may have caught my husband's pumpkin bug.  Have you ever been to a corn maze or perused a pumpkin patch?



9 comments:

  1. Wow, that pumpkin patch, how cool! I made an italian sausage/pumpkin soup using a recipe from online and it was delish, you might think about trying it. Looks like a really great day. Glad you got rid of your packrat without it running up your pants leg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to do a corn maze, how fun 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic place! I'm not a huge fan of mazes, but love pumpkins. I have finally cut back on my pumpkin decorating - only three this year. I used to grow pumpkins but they take up too much space. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pumpkins to choose from. It looks like you had a great time there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie! I loved my own pumpkin patch but now it is kapoot and that's okay. I'm glad you had such fun going on a fall outing! That pack rat would give me the shivers for days and days! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful weekend you had! The silos idea is amazing!
    Thanks for the visit
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The night sky looks a bit like faint Northern Lights. Can you see them from there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is an awesome way to spend a fall weekend!! we always visit a pumpkin patch during the season and once we tackled a corn maze. i did not enjoy the corn maze, i thought it was a little boring and the husband agreed, no more corn mazes for us!!

    the leaves are so pretty, we did something similar for a craft i am working on!!

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.