Saturday, January 5, 2013

Caramel Apple Pie Pizza...

This Caramel Apple Pie Pizza recipe is perfect for potlucks. If you are like me and freeze lots of apple pie filling, it is also a very fast and easy dessert.
First, make a pizza crust.  I use my Mom's tried and true pizza crust recipe.  Then I boil my frozen apple pie filling for five minutes, until the apples are soft.   Spread the pie filling on the crust and bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  When it has cooled pour a caramel sauce over the top.

Mom's Pizza Crust
1 pkg yeast 1 c. warm water
1 t. sugar 1 t. salt
1 T. olive oil 2 1/2 c. flour
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in ingredients, mix until doughy, and allow to rest 5 minutes. Roll out.  For more uses of this crust recipe please see the following posts:
Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook (New in 1955ish)
Apple Pie Filling
5-7 tart apples
3/4 c. sugar
2 T. flour
dash of salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
 
 
There it is.  Fast and easy.  As good as apple pie, only faster.  Hope it helps you out in a pinch.  Enjoy.

11 comments:

  1. Bonnie, this is perfect for all the football games coming up and I actually have some apple pie filling in the freezer:-D My family loves desserts that started out to be savory; I make apple pie burritos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds YUMMY! Thanks for sharing the recipe ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...potluck tomorrow morning after Church. But alas...no apple pie filling. :( Will have to remedy that by the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect timing for me!! I was looking for a good recipe for a pie crust yesterday and didn't find one that I wanted to try but I have one today!! THANKS!!

    I hope you're enjoying your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie this looks so delicious. I would love to bundle up sit on your porch sip tea and enjoy. I know it would be quick because of the cold but so worth it :-) Buttons

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks incredibly delicious. I could eat a piece of taht with my coffee this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to pack my apples so i could make lots of versions with them, this looks real good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH YUMMY!!!!! That looks so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello from Texas! Wow...A Great blog!
    Love the shots of the mountain lion!
    Stay warm...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie, This looks fantastic! I enjoyed seeing and reading about your greenhouse too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. pizza crust for a pie crust?? hmmmm, i have never heard of that!! well it looks yummy and i know you know what you are doing!! i always make apple crisp (it's on my christmas desert table) no crust, but especially good. all my boys love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.