Sunday, December 20, 2015

Weekend wanderings...


 I took Ella for our weekend walk.  I felt a little like Dorthy in the 'Wizard of Oz', when I realized the woods were filled with lions and lions and more lions.  Our resident mountain lion wasn't just passing through.  From the look of the numerous tracks in the area, it is homesteading for a while.  
Despite looking behind me every few seconds, the views around me were amazing.  The clouds, the sun, and the beautiful hills made for a wonderful wander.

I am ready for the holiday's and that was another thing that made a wonderful winter walk welcome.   Ella was happy to be out and oblivious to our peril.  Ok peril is probably pushing it. Still, I kept one eye to the beauty and the other on what was going on behind me. 

Any dangers to consider when you walk?  What do you get to see on your walks?  I probably won't post again before Christmas, so "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night."

4 comments:

  1. Those lions hide well, usually more cautious than you.Have a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you do live in the wilderness. No mountain lions here.
    Merry Christmas to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had your dog with you when walking. Do you think she would have warned you of danger? Our snow is now gone again due to rain, so no warning pawprints would be seen here! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm way behind on my blog visits. Yikes, I would have been pretty nervous! Nothing like that to worry about here...just "road apples" from all the Amish buggies to watch out for! :) Hope your Christmas was nice!

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.