Sunday, December 15, 2019

New project...

 Here is my newest quilt project.  It will be against a yellow background, but I don't have the background material yet.  I have four down and six to go.   First, they all get cut out.  Then individually sewn on to the background fabric.  We'll see how it goes.
 My old snowshoes broke, so my husband got me a new pair as an early Christmas gift.  He knew Ella and I would both go crazy if we couldn't snowshoe on Sunday.  Bless Amazon's quick shipping.  We didn't miss a beat.  I really like them.  They seem to be lighter than my old pair.  I even have ski poles, so I'm right up town.

 She loves to run in the snow.  We've had some rather large lion tracks around this weekend.  She must know, because she kept close.  The lions must know mountain lion season doesn't start until after Christmas, because they always come around the cabin a few weeks before the season starts.  After it starts, I don't see another track.

Another weekend has come and gone.  We got quite a bit accomplished.  I'm happy to finally make progress on my quilt.  What are your winter activities?  Quilting, snowshoeing, skiing, crafting, or hibernating?

4 comments:

  1. Those feathers are very intricate! Show us the finished product when you're done! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the winter I start the 1st of Jan. with the first book of the year. I do my sewing projects and enjoy embroidery. I really enjoyed search through your blog. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fascinated with this quilt, and hope we get to see more of it. I wish I could go snowshoeing with you! (I have never done that! Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lions close by scary! Ella looks to be in her element. Most winters we can still do some things in the garden but we will maybe do some decorating and I read a lot and do puzzles. I'll also do a bit of work on my website and Flickr

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.