Sunday, July 26, 2026

A little of this and a bit of that...

 Despite the heat, my Woodside is doing fine.

The herb planter is also thriving.  I am watering it every other day as the temps have been in the high 90s.
My rose on the deck is also thriving.  I think the pergola makes all of the difference. 

Dollor has been dealing with the heat quite well.  He has been better behaved and isn't chasing everything (except chipmunks).
There are turkey poults everywhere,  so I'm glad he is better behaved. 
The last of my lilies are blooming.   There is a bit of a dry spell before my phlox starts blooming. 

I put a fence around my clematis to keep the deer from eating it.
My sunflowers are enjoying the sunshine, and the bees are enjoying the sunflowers.
We haven't had squirrels for a long time.  This fellow has been hanging around so he can find something to drink.  Dollor isn't happy with this.  Here he is giving the squirrel an evil eye.  The squirrel doesn't look too worried.




The yard is starting to dry out.  We water the vegetables and flowers by the lawn is on its own.
The rose bed was looking pretty good last week.  The heat has since caught up with it.  Dollor keeps finding this grouse hen and her poults.  In case you can't tell she is quite disgusted with the inturruption to her day.

That is what has been going on here.  A little of this and a bit of that.  Too hot to get too excited about anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.