Sunday, December 11, 2022

Thankful...

 We had a scare this week.  Last Sunday, after our run, Ella slept.  That isn't unusual as she is 14, but the next day she wouldn't move.  She was exhausted, wheezing, and there was no life in her eyes.  We got her to the vet and found out she had pancreatitis and pneumonia.  She had to spend the week at the vet's.  It was a long lonely week.  Luckily, she is home and healthy.  Almost back to her old self.

We took it easy this weekend and kept her quiet.  Our biggest event was making Christmas cookies and getting my brother's Jeep ready for him.


The Jeep has been sitting for 15 or so years.  Our local mechanic gave it some TLC and it has roared back to life.  He fixed it before our impending blizzard, since it doesn't have a top.

Other than that not much is going on. I'm sent Christmas cards and am done with most of our shopping.  I'm anxious to see if we really get the big blizzard as predicted.  

Are you ready for Christmas?  Please, do me a favor and give your pet a little extra love this week.  






4 comments:

  1. I am so glad Ella has recovered. It's awful when they are ill. Impossible to give Rubt any more cuddles as she makes sure she gets as many as humanly possible already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ella! I'm glad to hear she's home and doing well again! It's so tough when our beloved pets age. What a special treat, to get your brother's jeep up and running again after a long time. Very kind of you! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your Ella is okay. I never miss a chance to show my love for Millie and she doesn't miss a chance to show hers for me. I love the old Jeep! You'll remember I am all about them and wouldn't drive anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never would have thought Ella was that old. How she has a full recovery and more years to spend with you. Did you get the storm?

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.