Sunday, December 18, 2022

I am dreaming of a white Christmas...

 We got a little snow this week.

They name snowstorms now.  This one was called Diaz.
I don't know what the final tally was.  Some reports say we got five feet, but I think four.
It started snowing and blowing Tuesday afternoon and finally blew out late Friday.   
Our students were supposed to go home on Winter Break Thursday.  We got some out Monday.  A few here and there through the week as some flights were able to get out.  Hopefully, the busses were able to get out Saturday.  The last of the flights are Monday and Tuesday.  

Overall, they have taken it well. The staff did an amazing job of covering shifts.

The snow was super light.  If you fell in getting out was a deal.  There was nothing solid to push against.  To get out you had to swim.  
My bears came in handy for drying my hat between shoveling sessions.
All in all it is over.  We will wait for the next one.  The good news is Ella is doing great.  A relief to us both.  

Are you ready for Christmas?  It looks like it will be a white one for us.



3 comments:

  1. Wow - we never get snow that deep. I hope that our Christmas stays grey. So glad to see Ella looking so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got that storm too but not the snow totals you did. 18 inches was enough. It will be a white Christmas here too. Merry Christmas, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! No more dreaming for you 😂 It's beautiful, but I understand how cumbersome it can be. Glad you are well and warm.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.