Sunday, October 20, 2024

Trespassers will be composted...

 My big project for the weekend was to spend some compost in my vegetable beds.  I did get a little sidetracked watching the cranes go over.


I put one wheelbarrow full of compost in each of my 4x4 foot beds.   The compost is filled with alfalfa, lawn clippings, leftover kitchen scraps, and leaves.  
I then started filling my pile with leaves.  There are plenty.  Last year they blew away before I could corral them.
I took out the steppingstones and mixed the compost in.  I also pulled out some weeds.  


Here is the finished product.  Rich and waiting to be covered in a blanket of snow.  From the weather forecast it may be awhile before there is any snow.  Not that I am complaining.

 My greenhouse is still hanging on.  I repotted my rosemary, sage, basil, and parsley and brought them in the cabin.  I'm letting the tomatoes, peppers, okra, and Minnesota Midget cantaloupe figure out when they are ready to go.  Production has slowed, but they are still hanging in there.  Have you put your gardens to bed? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.