Monday, September 14, 2026

Slow September...

We are slowly slipping into fall.  It has been so dry, the birch trees are losing their leaves.  They looked parched, until last night.  We had a small downpour and that lifted their spirits. 

My garden is pretty much a loss.  I did get these giant jalapeños.  So I tried jalapeño poppers.   They turned out great!
My husband and I rarely go out.  It was a real treat for us to go to a Symphony Rock Concert.   What a wonderful experience. 
It has been very dry and it wasn't a surprise we've had a few fires in the area. Luckily they haven't been too bad. They were quickly contained.   Thank goodness for firefighters. 

Our Harrelson apple tree was a rockstar this year.  Two pecks of apples.  They are delicious.  Meanwhile, my giant Zestar produced a whopping 4 apples and one was wormy. Yes, that brown grass is my lawn. 
What does one do with all those apples?  Apple pie, of course. 
What have you harvested?  What type of apples trees do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.