Friday, April 8, 2011

All about Ella...



First day home.
On December 19, 2009, Ella entered our home.  We were looking for a German Wirehair Pointer and found her on the Internet at Shutte's Diamond Wirehairs.  Kelly was smitten and immediately said she was the one.  We met the Shutte's in Alliance, Nebraska.  We brought a giant dog kennel and as you can see by the photo to the left she was the size of shoe when we picked her up.  I let her ride on my lap.  She howled for the first 3 minutes and slept the rest of the 3 hour drive.  She was easy to train and is very well behaved, especially for a spoiled dog. 

Chilling with the family.

Little Ella fit right into our life.  She loves projects, and we are always working on projects.  She is right there helping if we are measuring, quilting, or gardening.   Her biggest love is riding with Kelly when he plows the road.  I wish I had a photo of this.  She sits right next to him with great pride.  Heaven forbid he leaves her home with me and takes the plow truck anywhere.  She sits on my feet and howls in anguish. 
She isn't sure that measures up.

Watching to be sure my stitches are uniform.


Ella's feels that pine cones, branches, and trees were put on this earth purely for her enjoyment.   If she is not dropping a pine cone at my feet, she is throwing it in the air and trying to catch it herself.  As the photo below shows, she thinks trees are chew toys.  This spring Kelly cut some dead trees that posed safety hazards.  Ella was sure that was purely for her chewing pleasure. 

Ahh! A delicious tree.

Ella's newest joy are Mardi Gras beads.  
Ella sporting her newest fashion statement.
Every year there is a Mardi Gras parade in Deadwood and my husband always brings me beads when he comes home.  Well, this year he put a set on Ella also.  She  thinks they are the greatest.  Every day when we come home from work she gets excited, because my husband puts a different set of colored her beads on her.  I don't know who likes it more Kelly or Ella.  I realized how much Ella has him wrapped around her paw, when he admitted to me he would take her hunting wearing the beads.  Wow!  She will be the only hunting dog wearing beads. 
 Our home is a better place with our little addition.  She keeps life interesting and full of wonder.   As I write this, she is sleeping next to me with her tail wagging and her feet twitching.  I bet she is chasing squirrels.

"A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk."  ~O.A. Battista

1 comment:

  1. What a great post. She certainly looks quite at home. Your sidebar photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.