Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I am thankful for...

 
I am thankful for:
 
My husband.  He love me, supports me, spoils me, sees the good in me, and makes me so very happy.  He is my best friend.
 
My parents.  They taught me to work hard and to be responsible. 
 
My in-laws.  They welcomed me into their home and treat me like one of their own. 
 
My sister and her husband.  They taught me not to be terrified of little kids and that a home can be filled with laughter and love.
 
My brother.  For teaching me the true meaning of sacrificing for your country.  I will never look at a veteran the same again.
 
My older sister.  She taught me that everything, no matter what, happens for a reason.
 
My Grandmother Hyde.  Happy Birthday!  Thanks for giving me for baking advice and for teaching me the importance of history. 
 
My Grandma Gregg.  (I so miss you) She taught me that a great teacher only sees the good in her children (students).  That is the greatest gift a teacher can give.
 
My Grandpa Gregg.  (I miss you also) That life is to be enjoyed.  I wish I had the twinkle in my eye that you did. 
 
My Aunt Bonnie.  To be named after someone is a great thing.   I have never once heard my Aunt Bonnie complain or speak poorly of another.  That is amazing to me.  
 
My students.  No job could be as rewarding.  They teach me that one can overcome all obstacles set before them.  I am so thankful they come into my life.  Each one has left a mark.   
 
My friends Jody, Christina, and Heather.  We don't see each other often, but my life is better because they are there.
 
The people I have met blogging.  You have taught me things, changed my mind, made me think about 'stuff' and taken me places I would never have gone on my own. 
 
I am also thankful for the people that have passed through my life.  I was told once by a mentor to learn something from everyone you meet.  I have tried very hard to live by that rule. 
 
There you are.  My list of thankfuls.  I wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving.  Enjoy your life and the people in it.  Everyone has something to give.
 


10 comments:

  1. What a list of thankfuls...Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! What a beautiful list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, Bonnie! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Bonnie (I like your name) You have much to be thankful for and I am sure you do have that twinkle in your eye.
    I love the top shot:)
    Enjoy well everything this world is truly wonderful and I for one am very happy I met you well virtually at least. Hugs B

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list. I love the one about seeing good in students. If only every teacher would do that. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, Love your list. It's a real tribute to others. We all have so much to be thankful for. Also love that photo - what an amazing story it tells. I showed it to my husband and he said the turkey outside is asking, "I wonder what happened to my husband." lol
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WONDERFUL POST, HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM CANADA,HUGS FRANCINE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very lovely list. Have a wonderful day, Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An awesome list -- bookmark it for reminders of things not to forget... Hope your Thanksgiving is real special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome list. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.