Sunday, October 27, 2019

Wildlife...

I had the joy of seeing the cranes going over when I was deer hunting last week.  I don't think there is a better experience in the world than a huge group of cranes dipping and diving above you.

 It is funny how they seem to just be going in circles, but before you know it they are gone.  I just found the photos below.  They are only from the end of September.  This was a very late fawn.  I haven't seen him since, but he could have just lost the spots and now looks like everyone else.  Anyway, he was such a cute little bugger I had to post his photos.

I would just like to note that it is no longer green or gold, but a cold blanket of white.  It has snowed every other day the last two weeks.  I need to make a list of winter projects and get on it.

What wildlife do you have around your home?  Do you see the cranes where you are?  Do you have any winter projects planned?

8 comments:

  1. What happened to fall? Isn't this pretty early for winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I have not seen the cranes here. I would like to know more about them, so guess I will do a bit of research. I almost wrote that seeing the cranes probably means that winter is right on our coattails, but from reading your post, it sounds like winter has already found your neck of the woods. Good luck hunting! And, enjoy those winter projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Hope you weren't standing directly under all those birds 😉 Fawns are so stinkin' cute. And oh man, I'm not ready for white yet. Hope you at least get a break before it sets in for the long haul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The geese are flying, and have been for a while. I would love to be able to see those cranes! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cranes must be a really amazing sight. We get geese or swans flying over but don’t have cranes. I guess our winter migrants will be arriving soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your images, LOVE your snow header. deer are one of my favorite wild animals but i don't see them in my yard. the cranes are amazing, i do not see them either. i get a variety of birds, squirrels, moles, skunks, raccoons, chipmunks...you get the picture.

    i have winter project kits lined up and some deep cleaning that needs to be done. fall is still here, so i am enjoying every minute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was very quiet here for weeks but the animals are back now. We have Stinker the skunk living under the porch, a porcupine, deer, a moose, and a fisher. I think the bears have hibernated. No snow yet but flurries are in the forecast for late in the week. Cranes don't come to this part of Maine but they do make it into the state. I've never seen one in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  8. he is a cute little bugger, I love those babies with the spots.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.