Sunday, January 19, 2020

A busy week...

 So far I am enjoying winter.  I've been working on my quilt, beading earrings, making wine, baking cookies, enjoying the outdoors, and working out.  This week I was elated about the chance to spend time with my parents, sister, and her family.  I got to see the older girls play basketball, help the younger girls with their homework, and we all worked on a puzzle together.  The puzzle was finished tonight without me, but they sent a picture.  My nephew was adamant it looks like our cabin.  I got home for the weekend and was lucky enough to enjoy a glass of wine, cozy on the couch, with the dog.



 My brother made this wonderful tray and it works perfectly for my beading projects.  I love the juxtaposition of colors and textures in the photo above.  I'm finishing a feather a week on the quilt, so progress is good on that front.   

I rewarded myself today with a hot yoga class.  I've been watching on-line yoga videos for guidance every night, six days a week for three months and am amazed with the results.  A friend of mine teaches a Bikram yoga class in Spearfish.  Bikram yoga is done in a heated room at 105 degree temperatures.   I love sweat lodges and saunas, so Bikram yoga was right up my alley.  It was my first official yoga class and I was super excited.  It did not disappoint.  Afterwards, I enjoyed coffee with a few friends.

I was also pleased because I tried a homemade electrolyte drink for my yoga class and it was excellent.  I took 2 1/2 c. Water, 1/3 c. Lemon juice, 2 t. Honey, and 1/4 t. Salt.  I highly recommend it.  There is no sugar, it tastes good, and I felt great after drinking it.
I made my husband's all time favorite cookies, white chocolate chip cookies.

TOLL HOUSE WHITE CHIP CHOCOLATE COOKIES
2 1/4 c. Flour
2/3 c. Cocoa
1 t. Baking soda
1/4 t. Salt
1 c. Soft butter
3/4 c.  Sugar
2/3 c. Brown sugar
1 t. Vanilla
2 Eggs
1 1/2 c. White chocolate chips

Mix together and drop by tablespoon on a cookie sheet.  Bake for 15 minutes at 350 Degrees or 325 degrees at high altitudes.  

It has been a great weekend.  Tomorrow my huband and I are going on an adventure.  That should make the weekend perfect.

My husband felt bad for the deer around the cabin, so he got them a couple of alfalfa bales.  They must have told every deer in the tri-state area, because we went from 10 deer to 21.  Holy moly.
Well, that is all I know. What a great week.  Time with family, friends, exercise, projects, baking, and relaxation.  Life is good and I am thankful.  Who did you spend time with this week?  What projects did you work on?  Did you exercise?  Did you bake anything?  I can't wait to hear about your adventures.

4 comments:

  1. I do swimnastics throughout the year 3 x a week for an hour. During the winter I get out my handwork and do that at night. I set up a card table and do jigsaw puzzles. I like the winter months. Time slows down for me as I have a garden in the summer which keeps me busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. knitting, knitting, and knitting!! i have been cooking most night, the flu is rapid here and we have been trying to stay away from eating out!!

    you did have a great week...i have also been busy with "year end" work that needed to be done and have taken my mom to a few of her appointments. we completed a puzzle with out son over christmas, i am a puzzle lover, i find them to be fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very full week - you must be shattered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this.... "my deer friends"...enjoyed my visit. Would like to make wine....sounds like fun. I've never seen so many in one place..love them.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.