Sunday, February 6, 2022

Try try again...

 This weekend felt like a good time to try making licorice.  I developed a taste for it thanks to my friend from Denmark.  They are crazy about black licorice there   She had given me a little bottle of likrid flavoring a few years ago, so I could try to make some.

I'm not much of a candy maker, but I wanted to give it a try.  I found a recipe, set everything up, and read the directions several times over.

Everything was going great.  Up until I went to use the licorice flavoring.  What I thought was a full bottle turned out to hardly have a teaspoon.  I needed 4 tablespoons. I think it must have leaked or dried up over time.

It looks great sprinkled with salt.  It wasn't.  Not enough flavoring.  I'm pretty disappointed.  Now I'm determined to try again.  Stay tuned...

Have you ever had a recipe fail?  What was it?  Did you try again?

3 comments:

  1. Liquorice grows quite close to us. Pontefract is famous for it. Must admit, I don’t like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I never thought of making licorice! I love the black also. To me it's a winter flavor. Haven't had any for ages just because store bought is so bad for us. I will definitely be curious when you try again - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is too bad. I am not a candy maker either, but I would love to taste real home made licorice. Oh, my goodness, recipes that fail? Its my middle name. When I was feeding 10 to 12 people every night, everything turned out like I knew what I was doing. Now cooking for two people is just a joke. I have never had so many flops in my whole life. Haha, but we don't starve. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.