Monday, November 14, 2016

Good Morning...

It has been a busy week.  Between hunting, butchering, quilting, and everything else I didn't have any photos to share for the week.  This morning I wandered around the yard and took a few pictures to post.  Good morning, grab a cup of coffee, and let us take a walk.
 My calendula is still blooming.  I moved them to the greenhouse and they are very content there.
 I am extremely pleased with my Aldo Leopold bench in front of the barn.  The sun hits it just right and it is a great place to sit and soak in the morning sun.
 My bees and my orchard are both ready for winter.  This is the first year the deer have not raided the orchard in the fall.  I'm hoping this means lots of berries next year.

 Our nicely manicured lawn.  I never thought I would mow in November.  It looks perfect.
 I love my wheel fence.  I am continually working on it.  Adding wheels as I find them.  
 I can't help but show the flowers again, as they cheer me up everytime I walk by.  Do you like my windmill accent?  A good friend thought I would be able to incorporate it into the garden and she was right.
Well, it is time to go.  Ella is insisting that I play pinecone catch with her.  Do you see her pinecone next to her feet?  She is adamant we enjoy the day.  It sounds like my next photos will be of snow.  I hope everyone is enjoying their fall.  It has been just wonderful.

9 comments:

  1. Bonnie,
    From the looks of your yard tour, you are ready for winter. Or close to ready. Sounds like we might get a taste of cold and snow towards the end of the week. It has been such a gorgeous autumn, I don't want to see it go.

    If you spent time cutting up meat you must have had a successful deer hunt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mild weather has been nice here,wish I hadn't mowed many of the annuals I planted, they would still be returning maybe.I saw that white stuff headed your way this morning on the news.I can wait myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh...I like your wheel fence too! The windmill accent is a nice touch, too. You have such a beautiful place! Enjoy those beautiful flowers as long as you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like a good part of North America has been enjoying a beautiful Fall. In my part of Canada we sure have been. My husband mowed our lawns for the last time on Sunday too. We never have mowed the lawns this late in the season.
    Hope you had a good game of pine cone catch with Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When do you go bear hunting? You are my hero about that. It still thrills me. Your place looks wonderful. I love your wheel fence.
    My son got the motor working for my windmill. Soon I hope to have it up and running. I loved seeing the picture of your windmill in your flowerbed.
    Is this normal to not have snow this time of year? I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who would have thought we'd have this beautiful, warm weather through mid-November? I just picked a bunch of calendula petals today. Snow will be ok, won't it? (Glad you're liking the French Press coffee)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post, the windmill in the garden is lovely; I have such a love affair with the old Aermotors. The wagon wheel fence is amazing! I don't want to see autumn go, either, the weather has been perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is just like "Little House on the Prairie" books! I love how you get ready for the weather changing. Have a Happy Thanksgiving, my friend, XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.