Sunday, February 26, 2023

The winter blahs...

I'm afraid I have a bad case of the winter blahs.

I didn't accomplish anything this weekend except get a good night of sleep.  Something I haven't been able to do thanks to constant snow.  All week we had to get up early to shovel.  Temperatures ranged from -5 to -25 with three to four inches per night.

I take that back, I did read two excellent books.  They were both second books that were just as good as the first ones.  On the Bright Side the New Diary of Hendrik Groen and Tales from the Cafe by Toshikazu Kawaguchi are both very optimistic about life.  I highly recommend them.

For Valentine's Day my husband got me a S'mores kit from the North Mallow company in Minnesota.  Wow!  I love s'mores and the kit is fabulous.  Even more amazing are the roasted homemade marshmallows on homemade hot cocoa.


https://www.sugarandsoul.co/smores-hot-chocolate-cocktail-recipe/

Campfire S'mores Hot Cocoa 

1 cup milk

1 cup heavy cream

 2 tbsp honey 

1 tbsp marshmallow syrup 

1/4 cup chocolate syrup 

1/4 cup chocolate pudding mix powder

2 oz. whiskey

marshmallows or marshmallow fluff. 

I don't have any whiskey, but it is in the original recipe so I left it. 

Wrapped up in a blanket with a delicious cup of hot cocoa out on the new deck looking for Northern lights isn't the worst way to spend a winter day.  Maybe it wasn't so blah.,.

I hope you have avoided the snow and cold.  Do you like s'mores?  Hot cocoa?  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds as if your weekend was not all bad - having S-mores around is a good thing. Enjoyed my visit today. Smile snow will be gone in less than three months - I hope!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this the second time you've had the winter blahs? Too much snow I guess. Have you already planned your garden, or finished the quilt? But reading a good book should help with the blahs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had s'mores. We were supposed to be going to be able to see the Norhern Lights but it was too cloudy,
    -25 wow that's seriously cold,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Not the winter blahs! Umm, I think I gained weight just reading that recipe 😂 That could be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometimes you don't "have" to accomplish anything to have a good day. i don't like s'mores but i LOVE hot chocolate. i am going to write down some of these more unusual ingredients to put in it!!

    we have not gotten any snow this winter :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cocoa looks fab! Just checked , read both your books and thought they were very good too 😊

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.