Sunday, April 23, 2023

Maximum Effort...

 Happiness is a successful endeavor.  This weekend's major goal was to get my brother's Jeep, Maximum Effort, across the state.

Max is a 1976 CJ-7 and has not been reliable since my brother left.  My major goal was to get Max 52 miles to my brother, so he could take it the final 308 miles.  I won't lie.  It was a stressful trip for me.  I wasn't certain about the tires, steering, and wiring.  I made it, only went 48 mph, but I made it.  My brother is very mechanically inclined and within a day put on new tires, fixed the steering, got the fuel gauge working, and put in new turn signals.  
He had a very successful trip and enjoyed being reunited with his project.  I am certain Max feels the same.  
I worked on the graduation quilt, but not very successfully.  I'm coming down the homestretch, but it isn't an easy run.  I enjoy quilting, yet having a deadline takes some of fun out of it.

That is the extent of my weekend.  It was cold and snowed.  Hopefully, tonight will be clear as the meteor shower is supposed to be at its peak and there are rumors of Northern lights. 

 I hope you had a wonderful weekend and the night sky is brilliant.



3 comments:

  1. What a scary journey - were you on your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband was behind me the whole time. He was going to drive it, but I was adamant I would.

      Delete
  2. Did you see the northern lights? Rain here so no chance.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.