Sunday, April 2, 2023

Perfectly perfect...

 This weekend was perfectly perfect.  My brother came out to visit.  It has been 19 long years.

He got to see where I work, meet my staff and students, and watched me give a graduation speech.  We made the most of the one nice day.  Snowshoeing in funny hats and sledding.  

He worked on his Jeep, as it always needs tweaking. We went on drives with the Roxar, his Jeep, and my Jeep.  We are kindred spirits when it comes to our love of all things Jeep.
For years we talked about sitting on the porch playing the guitar and singing.  He had our grandfather's guitar and I know Grandpa was there with us in spirit.
I pulled out my Grandma Hyde's baking best and my husband worked his magic on the smoker.  We played some pool and watched some movies.  Best of all we visited late into the night. He was even game for hot yoga and coffee after. Speaking of coffee he is the only person in my family that appreciates a nice strong cup.  Something our Grandma Gregg would have appreciated.

If I have learned anything in life it is don't take anything for granted.  Enjoy the moments and make the best of them.  I am grateful for such a wonderful brother and thoughtful husband. It was a perfectly perfect weekend.  

Who was your last long anticipated guest?  Are there any traditions your home has for visitors?  I hope you had as great a weekend as I did.

6 comments:

  1. What could be more perfect than a weekend with your dear brother and the Jeeps? Brothers are pretty special. I know for a fact since I have three. The oldest once fixed up an old 1946 Jeep for me which I took with me to college. I am now driving my fifth one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That nust have been very special for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 19 years is a long time to be out of touch. sounds like you did lots of catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love love your second last paragraph. I believe that is such good advice for all of us after these last years.
    Technical difficulties on our blogs have kept us a part but I hope we will find old friends. Glad you found me. Take care. Love my Jeep too. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful family moment, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like you had a wonderful time with your brother. i agree about your thoughts on never taking anything for granted. chuck and i were in a very bad car accident, it reminded me of how important time is. we are in the 4th quarter of our lives, we best use this time wisely!! my last house guest was my sister. she stayed at my house this visit, she always stays with our mom. it was awesome to have her here with me!!

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.